Recent Articles: Small Groups
Small Groups Readiness Assessment
- Why do you want to start small groups?
- What is the senior pastor’s level of commitment?
- Is there a dedicated point leader? (“dedicated” as in a person whose portfolio is primarily small groups)
- What are the goals for small group ministry at your church?
- What small group model will you use?
- Have you considered custom adaptations of this model for your congregation? (e.g., meeting frequency, leadership requirements, etc.)
- What is your time frame for prep and launch?
- What is your plan for bringing staff online with the vision?
- Have you budgeted resources for promotion, curriculum, leadership training?
- Have you developed a comprehensive assimilation plan?
- How will you train new leaders?
- What material will you use for training?
- Do you have a plan for ongoing leadership training?
- If launching with a campaign, do you have the next step in place?
- Do you have clear guidelines for accountability in curriculum choices?
- Have you made decision on whether or not to purchase supplies for groups? (with the future, larger size of the system in mind)
- Initial: do you have plans to create high visibility and redundancy in initial promotion?
- Have you recruited core leaders from the congregation?
- Ongoing: how will new people learn about and connect with small groups?
- How will you assess a leader’s condition?
- Will you initiate contact with the leaders or rely on a report from them?
- Do you have a clear transition strategy for leaders?
- How will you measure success?
- How will you collect data?
- How will you collect stories?